The mission of the Lititz Public Library is to provide materials, services and programs
for educational, recreational and cultural enrichment to residents of Lititz Borough,
Warwick Township and Elizabeth Township.
Our Vision Statement
The Lititz Public Library will provide a community hub for life-long learning through
materials, programs, and technology. It will be a busy place where friendly social interaction
of patrons and staff occurs and all residents enjoy the building space. The
library will connect with the Warwick School District and collaborate with other local
organizations to promote the educational, cultural and economic well being of the
community. The library staff will continue to find ways to serve specific target groups
within the community. The library’s Board of Trustees will obtain the strong financial
foundation necessary to sustain service ant to initiate new services.
Our Core Values
We are committed to:
1. Providing free, open and equitable service to all patrons.
2. Providing the best possible access to a wide variety of materials.
3. Respecting each and every patron.
4. Respecting each other as the organization’s most important resource.
5. Valuing and supporting diversity of people and perspectives.
6. Being skilled and dedicated to customer service.
7. Focusing on literacy and life-long learning.
8. Being responsible stewards of public funds.
9. Being accountable for our performance.
10. Providing a community gathering place and creating lively programs.
11. Protecting each patron’s right to privacy with respect to information sought and
materials consulted or borrowed.
The Lititz Public Library serves the 31,038 residents who live in Elizabeth Town-ship, Lititz Borough and Warwick Township. The facility opened in July 1999 and is 16,200 sq. ft. in size. The collection includes 76,575 books, audio books, films and music CDs. The library provides online access to down-loadable audio books and eBooks. The library is open 60 hours per week and has a paid staff equivalent of 10.5 full-time employees. Volunteers provide almost 5,000 hours of service annually.
On average 623 people visited the library each day during 2016. The Lititz Public Library has 15,698 registered borrowers (age five and older). 432,280 items were borrowed in 2016. The library’s expenditures for 2016 totaled $708,594.
Operating funds come from many sources:
Commonwealth of PA 18%
Lancaster County 2% *
Warwick Township 13%
Lititz Borough 8%
Elizabeth Township 3%
Warwick School District 1%
General Contributions 38%
Friends of the Library 3%
Fines, Printer & Copier 9%
Endowment Earnings 5%
* The county provides an annual allocation for shared services from the Library System of Lancaster County