It is believed to be the only two story log house erected in Lititz. Only the first floor has been changed to any extent. The fifteen pane windows can still be seen in the east wall. It was built by Matthew Blickensderfer in 1796. Like the home in which he was born at 69 Main Street a second floor bay window was added. Between the two families it is safe to assume that little happened on Main Street that was not known to them.
This house later became the home and office of Dr. Levi Hull (1813-1862) the community phy- sician. His wife was Catharine Kauffman daughter of the Zum Anker inn keeper and she had been educated at Linden Hall.
Harry Hull (1851-1886) the son of Levi was twenty when the beautiful granddaughter of Gen- eral Sutter (next door) arrived from Mexico. She was then fifteen and after finishing her educa- tion at Linden Hall they were married and lived in the brick home at 20 West Orange Street.
There were two sons, Howard Joseph and Harry.
Howard Joseph Hull married Susan Eshelman and his descendents live in Lancaster today (1967). There is a Howard Joseph the fourth.