Customer service is a large part of this job. A successful candidate will be able to interact with people of all ages and should enjoy answering questions and explaining library services and programs.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
Basic knowledge of general office procedures. Basic knowledge of standard library equipment (i.e., public access computers, copy machine). Ability to communicate effectively and courteously; ability and desire to serve the public of all ages; and ability to work as a team member
- Check-in and check-out of library books, materials, and equipment.
- Performs the full range of circulation desk procedures using an automated circulation system
- Answers telephones and provides routine information or refers and transfers calls.
- Greets visitors to library.
- Responds to requests for information and assistance
- Inspects returned books, materials, and equipment for damage.
- Sorts and shelves books
- Assists persons in applying for library membership
- Reserves books and materials.
- Performs special duties as assigned.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
- Perform duties as a member of a team
- Mondays from 8:00am to 2:00pm & Wednesdays from 2:00pm to 8:00pm & every fourth Saturday from 8:45am to 4:00pm
- Tuesdays from 8:00am to 2:00pm & Fridays from 8:00am to 2:00pm & every fourth Saturday from 8:45am to 4:00pm
- $1200 per hour