Video Tutorial: Using Flipster with Mobile Devices
Video Tutorial: Using Flipster with Desktop Computers
Access the digital magazines available at your library through a
variety of platforms.
- Access Flipster online using the web browser of your computer or mobile device
- Offline viewing available via the Flipster app for iPads and iPhones, Android Phones and Tablets, and
side-loaded to Kindle Fire Tablets.
- Search by title, keyword, or browse by category (available in three platforms, coming soon in Android)
How do you access Flipster?
Click on “E-magazines” from the eResources drop down menu on our website.
Enter your library card number, the number located under the barcode on your card.
Click on a magazine to view it within your browser.
As long as you are connected to the internet, you can access Flipster from:
- a computer at the library
- your home computer
- your phone
- your tablet as long as you are
The Flipster app:
The Flipster app offers offline viewing of downloaded content on your mobile devices.
Download Flipster on your device:
- Apple App Store (for iOS devices)
- Google Play (for Android devices)
- Amazon (for Kindle Fire tablets). For more on Flipster and Kindle Fire devices click here
Searching for Flipster Magazines
To search for magazines in the app:
- Tap the Magnifying Glass icon in the upper-right corner of the Explore screen.
- Tap the search field and enter your keywords, such as title, publisher, or category.As you type, Flipster displays titles related to your keywords.
- Tap the Download icon to download an issue to your device, or tap the cover to learn more about it.
Browsing Flipster Magazines
To browse magazines in the app:
- Browse from the All Magazines area displayed.-Or-Tap the Menu icon in the upper-left corner of the Explore screen to open the navigation drawer and select a particular category of magazines to display.
- Tap the Information icon below the cover to learn more about a title, including a brief description as well as the available back issues.
- Tap the Download icon for a title you would like to download.
The My Shelf screen of the Flipster app displays the issues you have downloaded to your device.
- When a title is downloaded, it appears as in your library.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper-left corner to open the navigation drawer and select to view all magazines sorted alphabetically or by the most recently downloaded.
- Tap the trash can icon to delete a magazine from the app.
Reading an Issue
- Swipe your finger left or right to flip through pages of the magazine.
- Tap the Table of Contents icon in the upper right-hand corner to view the digital table of contents with links to each article.
- Tap the icon in the upper left-hand corner to read the magazine in full screen mode. Tap it again to exit full screen mode.
- Tap My Shelf to return to your library of magazines in the app.
- Tap Text View to read a text only version of an article with images and ads removed.
- When multiple articles appear on a page, you can select the text only version of a specific article from a drop-down menu.
- Tap the back arrow icon to return to the page view of the magazine.
For answers to frequently asked questions about Flipster click here
All information on this page was taken from EBSCO Connect