DRAWING – The New Litiz Moravian Church Dedicated in 1787 – Windows were of clear glass and hung with white curtains. Walls were hung with Haidt paintings and sconces for the many candles. Tannenberg built the new organ on the west balcony and he designed the original belfry.
(On reverse of drawing is the following) “One of the Most Beautiful Prayer Houses in the Country” So stated the August 15, 1787 issue of the “New Nonpartisan Lancaster Gazette and News Advertiser”. The only newspaper in Lancaster County at that time and printed in German. (This is followed by a translation of the article.)